Dedicated to promoting social inclusion through shared sports training and competition experiences, Unified Sports® teams up people with and without intellectual disabilities to train and compete together. It was inspired by a simple principle: training together and playing together is a quick path to friendship and understanding. Over 2,300 people with and without intellectual disabilities participate in Unified Sports in Hawaiʻi.
- Bocce – One athlete and one unified partner on a doubles team.
- Bowling – Two athletes and two unified partners on a team.
- 5-a-side Soccer – Three athletes and two unified partners on the field.
- Softball – Five athletes and five unified partners on the field.
- Track and Field – Two athletes and Two unified partners on a relay team.
- Flag Football – Three athletes and two unified partners on the field. **Oahu High and Middle Schools only.
For more information on Unified Sports, email Emerald at firstname.lastname@example.org